Homecoming 2014

Homecoming 2014

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just Waiting

Well this week can be summed up in one word "healing". Monday my sweet little Caroline had surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids. I knew this would be a week full of popsicles, icecream, pudding and jello, but the one thing I did not think it would be would be days of waiting. For everyday that has passed, my little girl grows stronger and braver. She braves the yucky medicine as she calls it and the eating of more foods. Honestly, she has been stronger than I would be if I were in her shoes. I have to admit, I have a low tolerance for pain, but lucky for me my children take after their father. For most of the time during the day in between popsicles my sweet girl just sleeps snuggled up in our family's favorite blanket. Right before she falls asleep, she always asks for me to sit right beside her. It is here that I find myself waiting. I wait for her to wake up, give more pops, give more meds and again she will drift off to sleep while I continue to sit here and wait. If you know me, this is very difficult for my ADHD personality because I naturally want to be up busily moving around getting housework and other things completed. As I sit here writing this, I stare at a huge mountain of laundry on the table and hair that needs to be swept off the floor, and dishes that need to be unloaded, but instead I sit here and wait as my little girl requested.

While content on my cozy end of the couch, I began to think about my heavenly father and how much waiting does he do for me. I am sure there are days when he would rather be doing other things, instead, he waits for me to come to him. He waits for me to pray, ask him for the help that I need and for me to give him thanks. It also reminded me of how patient he is for us. How easily frustrated I become by sitting still and waiting for my next move. Instead, he waits and when I am ready for him, he takes me right in to his arms. He never tires, gets discouraged, or angry. He just waits. So for the next few days as I wait on my princess, I will use this time in study and prayer because I know he is already there just waiting!

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment